Fairy tale therapy as a tool for the development of preschool children: what is it and how does it work? Examples of fairy tales for children, methods of fairy-tale therapy Zinkevich-Evstigneeva, reviews and video tutorials on fairy-tale therapy
What conceals in itself such an interesting concept - “fairy tale therapy”? From an early age, we have become accustomed to taking reading fairy tales as an element of the game, but in no way a method of treatment. But nevertheless, as it turned out, fairy tales can not only teach a child much, but also become a “lifesaver” in getting rid of complexes and solving problems already in adulthood.
The main thing in the article
What is fairy tale therapy for children?
Fairy tale therapy is used to correct a child’s behavior or rid it of existing phobias with the help of fairy tales. There is even a whole direction in psychology devoted to this subject.
From generation to generation, parents told their children a variety of stories and parables that helped them to form their point of view, understand how to distinguish good from evil and forget about their fears.
This technique can be used if the child is guilty. Criticism and physical punishment do not always bring the desired result, but a story invented on the go, that is, a fairy tale, will be remembered by positive or negative characters. Then the crumb can connect logical thinking and draw parallels between his not very good deed and the story.
But modern parents do not often resort to this method of development of the baby, but in vain. When a child initiates you in interesting moments of his beloved fairy tale, think, maybe it is in her that dreams, preferences or fears of a beloved child lie, it will help you better understand it and feel its life.
With age, the child's tastes change, and, accordingly, the favorite fairy tales will be different.Do not miss these changes.
Functions of fairy tale therapy: to whom is therapy with fairy tales useful?
Fairy tale therapy is used to work not only with children, but also with adults. The only difference is that with children everything happens in a playful way, and with adults - in the conversation, which is full of reasoning. In life, there are practically no situations where fairy tale therapy would not be useful.
Useful properties of fairy tale therapy:
- Formation of positive character traits, following the example of fairy-tale characters.
- Learning in the form of a game, without compulsory methods.
- The development of the ability to distinguish and experience emotions when a child "lives" the story along with the characters.
- Formation of the ability to distinguish good deeds from bad ones.
- The opportunity to realize that the child lives in a large and interesting world, where there is a lot of new things that have yet to be explored.
- Willingness to build relationships between people, studying the behavior patterns of fairy-tale heroes.
- Easy correction of difficulties in the behavior of the child. There is even a special kind of fairy tales written by experts, teachers or by the parents themselves, especially for a mild correction of the behavior of the baby.
- Help in solving life problems, even if they are so small. Children also have their own problems, just as important as adults. And when a child cannot find the right way out of this or that situation, fairy tales with a therapeutic effect will help, which will help to heal the wounds on the child’s soul and look at what is happening from the other side.
- Calming and gaining positive life experience. For this purpose, fairy tales are used only with positive characters, in which peace, goodness and tranquility reign. Such stories help to relax, to tune in to the good.
Fairy tale therapy methods
Method "Writing and pronunciation of a fairy tale"
It is important to tell a fairy tale, and not read it. This is how eye contact is established and it is possible to monitor changes in a person. The psychologist and the kid can change the content of the tale, writing additional moments in it. This will allow the child to show their emotions out.
Suppose if a child interrupts a teacher, hurry to change the end of a fairy tale, hastily mumbles words, is agitated - all these manifestations can serve as an assessment of the child’s passing the test, and talk about the unstable state of the nervous system.
Method "Drawing a fairy tale"
After the story, a certain tale will not be superfluous to embody it in a drawing, appliqué, modeling of clay. Thus, a person throws out his impressions of listening. It is a kind of deliverance from negative feelings. It does not matter how neatly done the craft. If the story has made a strong enough impact, then there may be dark colors in the works, the image of monsters or other horrific images. At the same time, if you ask the child to depict the same fairy tale again, the composition will already look in calmer colors. This is how the effectiveness of this method is manifested.
Method "Making dolls"
According to psychologists, making a doll is relaxation, a kind of meditation. It allows you to direct your energy to a specific object - a doll, and to engage in thinking in the process of needlework. For children, this method is especially important, it develops fine motor skills of hands.
The method of using cards "Master of fairy tales"
The author and developer of these cards is the fairy tale therapist Zinkevich-Evstegneeva TD. This is a deck of 50 color cards, each of which has its own name and value, with instructions for use attached to them.
Method "fairy-tale diagnostics"
This method provides for the diagnosis of psycho-emotional state of the child with the help of dolls. Parents can not attend this lesson.
Method "Sand Therapy"
Sand therapy with the help of fairy tales is one of the most interesting types of psychological approach, it helps to visualize the problem and get rid of it using tactile contact. Such meditation is necessary not only for children, but also for adults.
The method of “Catatim approach to the fairy tale”
By this method several phases are envisaged. This is the process of “immersion” in a fairy tale, familiarity with the characters, discussion and “exit” from the fairy tale.
How to apply fairy tale therapy: an action algorithm
Application of fairy tale therapy in practice occurs in several stages:
- Preliminary conversation.The specialist learns about the favorite fairy tale of the child, where and under what circumstances he heard it for the first time, what emotions he feels, how he relates to the characters.
- Relaxation.These are relaxation exercises that a child performs with his eyes closed.
- Representation of the image.The child visualizes himself as a character in a fairy tale, about which he spoke earlier.
- Discussion.The fairy tale voiced is discussed, the task for the house is given to depict the drawing, and in the next lesson it is discussed.
What fairy tales are suitable for fairy tale therapy?
The stories used in fairy tales must fully distinguish between good and evil; there cannot be characters with dual qualities in them. If the heroes of fairy tales and the child are of the same age, this will simplify the task, this story will be close to him. You can use folk tales, you can copyright.
For little ones, it can be such fairy tales:
For adults, however, the material must be selected such that will relieve from internal confusion and anxiety. When a feeling or emotion is defined that needs to be “fought,” the appropriate literature will be selected.
If, after class, in the depths of your soul you will feel that what has been said hooked “for living”, then you are on the right track, and very soon you will be able to get rid of your failures and achieve the desired result.
How to make a fairy tale for fairy tale therapy?
In the fairy tale there should be direct hints on the difficulties that the baby has encountered, but everything should be veiled.
In the fictional story there must be a new way of solving the problem, which the child can apply on his own experience.
The plot should follow a specific algorithm:
Once upon a time, there were…This is a preface, familiarity with the characters at the very beginning. For the smallest, there are animals, toys, fruits, vegetables. After five years, they are magical fairytale heroes. For older kids, these are parables, legends, instructive stories.
And suddenly one day ...In this place the character encounters difficulties similar to the problem of the child.
Because of this…Here lies a way to solve the problem and describes how the characters deal with it.
The climax.Good defeats evil, and the characters successfully overcome all obstacles.
The outcome.The ending of a fairy tale should always be positive.
Moral tales ...The heroes of the tale draw conclusions about the events that have happened, after which their lives change for the better.
Fairy tale therapy for preschoolers
The use of fairytale therapy at preschool age is the most effective when it is possible to help a child form moral values correctly.
Tips for achieving a positive result with the kids:
- Determine your favorite occupation of the crumbs and include it in the treatment process.
- Get interested in a fairy tale yourself, then you can get interested in the story of the child.
- State the story emotionally, read expressively.
- Proceed from the attitude of a small client, if he is not in the spirit, then it is better to transfer the lesson.
Organizational aspects in working with preschoolers:
- Choose material that a child can understand because of his age.
- Do not load the baby too intensely, everything should be in moderation.
- Classes should be held in a relaxed atmosphere, do not put pressure on the child.
- Discuss your experience, analyze and ask if the little patient liked everything.
The book Zinkevich-Evstigneeva about fairy tale therapy
Zinkevich-Evstigneeva Tatiana Dmitrievna - Doctor of Psychology, is the author of scientific works, trainings and projects in the field of fairy tale therapy. Conducts work with the public in the field of psychology, takes an active part in the rehabilitation of offenders under the age of majority. She developed techniques that are published in her books about fairy tale therapy. There are many such books, it is impossible to single out any one. Here is a brief overview of the books Zinkevich - Evstigneeva TD, dedicated to fairy tale therapy.
"Workshop on fairy tale therapy."Varieties of fairy tales and how they can be used in educational work with children are described in an accessible form. Describes how to create fairy tales that help to correct the stressful behavior of a child under stress.
"Projective diagnostics in fairy tale therapy".The book analyzes the ability of a person to compile the main types of fairy tales that concern him. This is a scientific tool that helps a psychologist to predict the future course of conducting classes with a particular client.
"Training on fairy tale therapy".This is a set of programs that allows you to temper your willpower in a child, to get rid of existing complexes, from the problems that have appeared. The book contains scripts and examples of classes.
"Games in fairy tale therapy."The author focuses on how best to organize a lesson with a child using the game. The work is of particular value for both the child and the teacher.
Reviews of fairy tale therapy
Fairytale video lessons
Fairy tale therapy is a simple but effective method that helps a person find a way out of existing problems, get rid of fears and offenses, form a character and temper his willpower.