Dressing gown on the arm: application
Today we will talk about this way of providingfirst aid with bruises and wounds, like a bandage dressing. Its name speaks for itself. As a dressing material, a cloth or gauze scarf is used. This dressing serves as a temporary way of immobilization when providing first aid to the victim. Such fixation of the affected area of the body is quite important, before the arrival of medical assistance.
What is this bandage used for? On what parts of the body is applied? Types and methods of use
The dressing is applied directly to the body or it can be superimposed on the protective bandage.
In what cases do you use a bandage dressing:
- at fractures;
- with any damage to the joints, such as a dislocation, bruise or stretching;
- at rehabilitation;
- with the goal of relieving the shoulder and shoulder joint.
There are two types of dressings. The first one is called open. The second type is closed.
Open bandage is used for damage / injury:
- feet, heels;
- knee, shin;
- brushes, hands, elbows.
In this case, the dressing is used in the unfoldedform. Closed harness - use of the material in a folded form, like ribbons. A ribbon from a scarf is used as an additional dressing material. A bandage or tourniquet is used for open wounds.
What do you need to impose such a bandage?
To apply the dressing, use:
- cloth or gauze scarf;
- pin to fasten the bandage.
A scarf can be purchased at every pharmacy. A scarf is a triangular cut of a cotton fabric of standard sizes, there are 113/80/80 cm or 135/100/100 cm.
Rules for the application of a bandage dressing
When applying a bandage, remember:
- Do not apply a knot to the wound or damage the knot. The exception is pressing.
- The dressing should not cause discomfort, be too tight or weak.
- It should provide sufficient fixation, keep medicines.
The longest side of the kerchief is called the base.
The angle opposite the base is the top.
The other two corners of the kerchief are ends.
A bandage bandage on the arm is used for bruises,dislocations, damage to the forearm, fractures of the clavicle. With the help of a sling, the limb is in a suspended state. It's not difficult to make a bandage. This will not require special knowledge and skills. It is very important to be able to provide first aid before the arrival of physicians.
Step-by-step instruction. Advice
Stages of dressing the bandage on the arm:
- If there is an open wound, pre-treat it with an antiseptic, cover with a rectangle of sterile gauze.
- The arm bends at right angles. The middle of the kerchief is held under the forearm. The ends are tied around the neck.
- The top of the scarf is directed away from the injured forearm. It bends around the elbow, straightened and fastened with a pin.
This is one of the options for a bandage dressing onupper extremity. In some cases, a closed bandage is used. Then a wide ribbon is made from the scarf. Then the damaged limb is suspended on a sling to fix it, to avoid stretching the muscles of the arm and shifting the bone in fractures.
Headband dressing: Overlap technique
Such a dressing is superimposed in case of a head injury. How to do it? There are several ways. First, consider the first version of dressing.
- The first thing to do is to cover the wound with sterile gauze.
- The dressing is positioned so that the top is above the nose, the base bends the head from the bottom upwards from the occiput.
- The bandage should be slightly pulled over the ends and tied on the forehead, the top wrapped, and fastened over the knot with a pin.
The second option is made back to the first. That is, the dressing is applied in the same way as in the previous case, but the knot is done on the occiput. In this case, the overlay is done as if it were necessary to tie a regular scarf. The ends are set back, then crossed and tied on the forehead with a knot. The top is wrapped. Then it is fixed with a pin on the occipital part.
With the help of a scarf, you can bandage almost any part of the body. The dressing is used for:
- damage to the limbs, is superimposed on the foot or hands;
- damage to the joints, is imposed on the elbow, shoulder, hip and knee joints;
- injuries of the head, facial part (bandage on the chin).
A scarf is used to make a bandage on the buttocks and crotch area, the scrotum, on one or both breasts.
Advantages and disadvantages
Let's start with the advantages of this bandage. Now we will take a closer look at them:
- The dressing gown is very easy to use. Therefore, it is most often used in extreme situations.
- It can be rolled up and used as a tourniquet to stop bleeding.
- If necessary, it is easy to make a bandage yourself, if no one is around to help.
- When transporting the injured person, you do not need to remove the bandage, it can be made slightly weaker for greater comfort.
One drawback of a bandage dressing isinsufficient immobilization of the damaged joint or limb. But in emergency situations this is not so significant. And if you use additional dressings, you can fix it. The most important thing in time is to render first aid to a person and correctly make a dressing.
A small conclusion
The bandage bandage was invented a long time ago. But it is, nevertheless, often used for first aid.
Everyone can get into such a situation thatit will be necessary to assist the victim or himself. The ability to correctly and correctly make a dressing can be very useful. As a tool, a piece of cloth torn from clothes or a scarf folded in a triangle can be used, there are no strict rules for a bandage dressing. The dressing will prevent involuntary limb movements that can cause severe pain. Behind her, of course, you should watch that she does not slip. If necessary, it can be strengthened with a bandage. A bandage dressing is the most simple and effective way to provide first aid.