Causes and treatment of snoring medically and at home: non-surgical and laser treatment of snoring, exercises and folk remedies for snoring
Snoring is a huge problem for many families when one spouse suffers from this phenomenon. People stop sleeping in the same bed and their idyll gradually crumbles like sand. What to do? In order to find a solution to a problem, it must be investigated and the cause of the appearance of snoring will be identified directly.
The main thing in the article
Causes of snoring in men and women
In order to find out exactly what causes the occurrence of ronchopathy (snoring), you need to contact the clinic for help from specialists. After all, aspects that cause snoring, quite a lot.
For a full examination, you will need to sleep one night under the supervision of a doctor and equipment, which will track all your indicators throughout the night, as well as during snoring.
What exactly will the instrument measure?
- The number of heartbeats per minute.
- Uniform breathing
- Heartbeat rhythm
- Pressure readings
The doctor will watch all this time for changes in body position, and how it affects snoring. The next day you will be able to find out what processes cause an annoying snore.
Possible causes of snoring:
- Physiological heredity(adenoids, enlarged tonsils, polyps)
- Diseases(cold, sinusitis, infection in the body, allergic reaction)
- Floor. Women are more prone to snoring, as their respiratory tract sizes are slightly larger than men.
- Obesity. Being overweight affects the tone of muscle tissue, which is weakened and prone to snoring.
- Age indicator. The older the person, the weaker his throat muscles.
- Bad habits(alcohol, smoking) detrimental effect on the muscles of the throat, which only increases snoring.
- Habit of sleeping on your back. Sleeping on the back relaxes the muscles of the throat, which causes snoring.
What is the danger of snoring?
It would seem that a person snores, and only those around get inconvenience. In fact, it is not so! For a person who suffers from snoring, not everything is so simple. After all, this phenomenon, which at first glance does not bring inconvenience to it, is in fact destructive for the general state of the body and health. What is dangerous snoring?
- First of all, the very phenomenon of snoring interrupts normal breathing. So all vital organs get interrupted oxygen, which leads to oxygen starvation.
- The heartbeat is also disturbed, because after a break in the flow of oxygen, it tries to catch up and its frequency of strokes increases to restore normal functioning of all organs. As a result, the pressure rises.
- Lung fasting leads to obstruction.
In a word - you can not start snoring. As soon as you or your loved ones notice the appearance of snoring, you need to sound the alarm. The started snoring can lead to a long stop of breath that is dangerous lethal.
The first results of snoring are constant fatigue, headache, frequent pressure increase.
Snoring in women during pregnancy
Pregnancy is a special condition of a woman’s body, when previously unusual phenomena may appear during this period.
With pregnancy, the woman's body changes greatly, all his muscles relax, he actively begins to gain weight and accumulate fluid (especially in the later periods). All these factors actively influence the processes occurring in the pharynx during sleep.
Also, the appearance of snoring can affect the runny nose, which with pregnancy appears in many women already at 3 months.
Regular snoring can bring inconvenience to husbands, but in a complicated form, he begins to interrupt breathing for 5-10 seconds up to 250-300 times per night. If you count, the organism that bears a child is left without oxygen for 1-2 hours a day. It is dangerous not only for the child, but also for the future mother.
How to choose for yourself a method of getting rid of snoring depends on the immediate cause. If this phenomenon is a result or a concomitant factor of the disease or pathology, then it is better to start with the cause of the appearance. Perhaps after complete recovery, snoring will disappear by itself.
Method of removing snoring with surgery
Surgical treatment is prescribed to patients with pathologies that are not helped by drugs. For example: polyps, congenital abnormal nasopharynx, or weakened palate.
This treatment is quite painful and requires at least a week to recover. All this time the patient spends in the hospital under the supervision of doctors.
Laser snoring treatment
Laser treatment is not suitable for everyone, as after it a change in voice is possible. The procedure is done under local anesthesia.
Laser beams make small "cuts" in the sky and at the root of the tongue, thus evaporating the excess tissue. In place of wounds, scar tissue forms, which strengthens the soft tissues of the oral cavity.
The whole procedure takes about 20 minutes, and the healing of wounds takes several weeks.
Non-surgical treatments for snoring
Getting rid of the causes
- If snoring is the result of obesity or the fact that the person quickly gained weight, then the solution will be diet food and sports.
- If the reason for snoring was an impressive experience of smoking, then you should abandon the pernicious habit.
- If “snorer” likes to drink, then accordingly it is necessary to give up alcohol completely for a while and then take it only in small doses.
- If the reason for the appearance of snoring becomes the position of the body when a person is sleeping, then you should try not to go to sleep on your back and ask your loved ones to wake at night to change your sleeping position.
- Dental devices that are worn at night can weaken snoring, but they are costly, and the media will be uncomfortable. For example, active saliva secretion.
- Nasal strips. It will help if a person has congenital narrow nasal passages. They extend the narrow aisles at night and allow you to breathe in full force.
Positive pressure device
This device provides normal breathing at night, preventing the constriction of the tissues of the pharynx.
There are a number of drugs that can be bought in a pharmacy without a doctor's prescription. Their use can greatly facilitate snoring, but their effectiveness has not been proven, and these drugs are not recommended by doctors.
There are many devices that extend the nasal passage at night. For example: clips or ring in the nose, ring on the little finger (provides acupressure, which contributes to the expansion of the nasal passages).
Exercises for mild snoring
Exercises before bed can make snoring much easier or even remove it.
- Sing all vowels for the night. Sing in for about 15 minutes.
- Pinch a hard object (such as a pencil) between your teeth and hold for about 10 minutes.
- Try to get your tongue chin, straining the muscles of the tongue, and say the letter "Y".
All these exercises can be done not only at bedtime, but also at any free minute during the day.
Snoring treatment at home
The treatment of snoring at home should be accompanied by the exercise (indicated above) and the creation of the most favorable atmosphere.
What does it mean? It's about air humidity. Dry air (especially in winter, when heaters work) adversely affects the body membranes, directly those with which it contacts (oral cavity and nose). Therefore, you should as often as possible to ventilate the room and moisten it.
It will be useful to put a hot broth with herbs under the bed, the vapors of which will not only moisten the air, but also act as inhalation for you.
It is also necessary to get rid of bad habits. Especially smoking, which addicted to 30% of people suffering from snoring.If you can not quit smoking instantly, then give up cigarettes for 3-4 hours before bedtime.
Treatment of snoring folk remedies
- Cabbage + honey- a classic that treats for many diseases! Gruel of chopped cabbage and honey at night, in the amount of a pair of spoons, will be the salvation of you and your loved ones from snoring.
- Sea buckthorn oil4 hours before sleep, in the amount of 1 drop in each nasal passage, will save you from the "night serenade."
- Water + honey. A glass of warm water with a spoon of honey will provide you a restful sleep.
- Olive oil.It does not need to drink, you can eat with food, as well as rinse your mouth with one teaspoon.
- Rinsingdecoction of calendula and oak bark- 1 hl per half liter of boiling water, insist 2.5-3 hours, then rinse.